Remote sensor’s PCB is a failure :(

Apart from the pathetic etching job on the PCB I described yesterday, I found out this morning that I also managed to etch the kitchen sink and made wife unhappy. It have been warned not to pour ferric tri-chloride in it, but few drops seem to have found their way.

I drilled the holes today and tried to solder the 14 pin DIL socket, but of course solder would not pass through the holes since they are not metallic as in a normal PCB. The socket is low and that means I have no access to the top side to apply solder as well, this resulted in bad connections all over. So I consider this project a failure, except for the learning part.

My next steps after I recover from the damaged ego, are to rework this as a single sided PCB and try it over.

Page views: 665